Integrated utility connections with a single point of contact
Murphy provides utility connections for construction projects of all sizes - from installing mains and service utility networks on residential and commercial developments, to altering or disconnecting services.
By providing clients with a single point of contact we make sure the connection process is smooth and straightforward. Our experienced and customer focused team manages projects to ensure efficiency, safety and completion of the highest quality.
As part of our utility connections contracts we can provide an ongoing service that includes:
- commissioning and testing
- back-filling and reinstatement
- liaison with local authorities and agencies
- installation of domestic gas supplies and meters
- management of the connection.
Murphy is accredited under the Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS), Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS) and National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS).
Electricity, water and gas supplies are essential for every housing project so making sure new houses and developments have all their utilities connected on time is vital.
With our extensive experience in residential utilities you can be assured of a complete service including:
- multi-utility infrastructure design for gas, water and electricity
- competitive work tendering
- appointment of a project manager to manage on-site relations
- liaison with relevant authorities, such as councils
- building utilities infrastructure
- excavating, laying, commissioning and testing utilities
- backfilling and reinstatement
- installing domestic gas supplies and meters
- managing the connection.
Murphy has a wealth of experience in commercial utility connections for office buildings, supermarkets, retail parks, restaurants and fast food outlets, heavy industrial units, swimming pools and schools.
We understand that all commercial installations are individual so our skilled engineers tailor the design and connection to meet our clients’ needs. Be it a new installation, renewal, upgrade or alterations to existing systems, we have the expertise to deliver on our promise of outstanding quality and timing.
It is important to us that even the biggest issues don’t interfere with the progress of a project. At Murphy, we aim to simplify the process, lower the cost and reduce the time we take in any alteration situation. With one call we will start the process straightaway.
When it comes to disconnecting properties from a mains supply, we have an unrivaled reputation for the timely and effective decommissioning of utilities. Murphy is the contractor of choice for many city and county authorities, and our clients also include some of the largest demolition contractors in the country.